We are currently seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to provide onsite and remote technical support to Senior Executives and staff for one of our key clients. This is a full-time position located on customer premises in Port Melbourne. Working with highly experienced solutions experts and remote support team, you will be responsible to maintain best-practice environments. You will be accountable for desktop, hardware and software break/ fix support, remote support, software deployment and occasional support for the relocation of services.
- Daily technical support activities for desktops, laptop, and printers.
- Conduct remote desktop troubleshooting with end-users along with documentation and ticket maintenance.
- Provide specialist advice to operational teams for support and maintenance of relevant technologies, including responding to faults and problems, and liaising with other technical staff and external service providers to resolve issues.
- Assist with the implementation (installation, configuration, and operationalisation) of technical solutions.
- Setup new desktops by installing operating systems, software, and associated peripherals.
- Assist in maintaining the operating system and software utilised within the network, including the addition of new users to the network and establishment of rights and privileges.
- Conduct break-fix or replacement of endpoints when needed.
- Conduct data and phone patching.
- Work with Application Vendors in resolving incidents and requests raised by the end-users.
- Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems, goals, and procedures.
- On-site and remote management and set up of hardware including desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, mobiles, and printers.
- Strong operational support with some field experience.
- Solid Active Directory knowledge and experience.
- Desktop Imaging and software applications such as Operating Systems (Windows 7 through 10 and), Microsoft 365, Antivirus software and systems.
- Some knowledge and experience with Citrix and Fortinet.
- Knowledge of Backup Solutions – Datto.
- Strong IT Support Skills and the ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems.
- Awareness of ITIL best practice methodology.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, to multi-task, and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to analyse network performance data to identify trends and potential problems, and support recommendations to modify and/or upgrade network equipment or services.
- Have a “can-do” attitude with an enthusiastic approach to challenges.
- You will bring excellent verbal and written communication and have the ability to articulate technical information to the target audience. Your professional customer service will be second to none, and you will have the ability to work autonomously with excellent time management.
- Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience is desirable.
In exchange for your exceptional desktop skills, customer-focused performance and out of the box thinking you’ll be rewarded with a career-changing experience along with:
- Help with Career progression.
- Paid Training.
- Diverse and challenging work.
- Competitive salary package.
- Access to corporate rewards programs.
We are always looking to create employment and career development opportunities for all our people. We value our collaborative culture and work together to support a variety of community organisations and social issues.